Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Real PreaknessTragedy

I would like to thank my friends Jared and Andy for bring this me this unfortunate news. Beginning this year Pimlico Racetrack will no longer allow alcoholic beverages to be brought into the infield during the Preakness Stakes. As anyone who has attended this glorious event knows, this will effectively kill the Preakness as the premier beginning of summer mid-Atlantic bash. And to add insult to injury the racetrack officials have announced that in order to soften the blow there will be a free ZZ Top concert and domestic beers will be on sale for $3.50. Now I didn't mind paying $5 for jager shots at the preakness, but $3.50 for every beer? To say I'm disappointed is a large understatement. This is gonna hurt attendance more than Barbaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment