Sunday, April 12, 2009

a tradition unlike any other

Its Easter Sunday. More importantly, its Sunday at the Masters. The most important and storied tournament in all of golf, there really is no other event like it in the world.  Full of tradition and intrigue every year, there is no other sporting event other than maybe the super bowl that I look forward to more every year.  As I type, Tiger just hit a great par put on 9 to shoot a 33 on the front, leaving him 7-under for the tournament, just 4 back in the tourny.  And Phil just holed his par put to shoot a course record 30 on the front, putting him at 10-under and only one shot back.  To say the least, I am excited for the afternoon.  Kenny Perry and Angel "The Duck" Cabrera share the lead at 11-under.  Chad Campbell and Jim Furyk are in striking range.  I would love to see Tiger have a huge comeback and take the green jacket, but I will be happy with good finish.  

Other than that, there really is no point to this post.  I just wanted everyone to know how excited I am about golf right now.  GO TIGER!

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting two-hole playoff win for Angel Cabrera. Despite the fact that he was in the pine trees to the right of the fairway on the first playoff whole at 18 and hit a tree trunk with his second shot, he got a lucky bounce into the fairway, hit an exquisite approach for his third shot and saved par. I knew it was over as soon as Perry hit his tee shot on the second playoff hole at 10. Great win for the duck, and I am already counting the days until the U.S. Open at Bethpage.

    ReplyDelete